Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Home again!

Well we made it home again safely from another trip to Columbia! I have a saying above my bed that Dave's Aunt Aggie gave me and it says "God doesn't give me anything that I can't handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much! I look at it every morning before morning prayers and just pray!!! So yes we are on another roller coaster, Mitch had an EEG a couple months ago and it showed just what we thought, lots of activity is still going on in his brain. We told Dr. Lanigar about all the different spells Mitch has been having and how his arm continues to go up and down and how he isn't sleeping as good as he was and the list goes on and on! Dr. Lanigar does feel like the surgery has helped some but he also feels like there is more we can do. He said that his activity comes from so far deep down that they couldn't get to it and now it is making its way back to the top. So our plan now is on October 13th he will be admitted to University of Missouri Hospital for 3-7 days and have the extended EEG again where they can tell exactly what is going on and where all the activity is located and then depending on that he will get a device, kinda like my pacemaker, called VNS Therapy (Vagus Nerve Stimulation) and this would zap activity before it gets started. The way we understand it is that it would zap every 3 minutes and it will take a year to get it set up correctly. It is placed under his skin on his chest and the wires go up to the neck! We wondered why they didn't do this in the first place but my very smart Doctor cousin thought it was because he was having so many seizures the device couldn't stop them all but now there aren't as many and this would be a wonderful device to have. So for right now we will continue taking all the medicine that he has been taking and he really doesn't want to add anything to it and then hopefully he can get this device and then they would ween him off if possible. Mitch and us, were pretty down after the appointment but hey they aren't giving up on him and they continue to have a plan to make him feel better, so it's time to buck it up and find that smile and know that God has a plan and is helping us through all of this. I am still doing good, I am very sad that one of my very best male friends from work passed away suddenly early Monday morning. He was my personal maintenance man and I admired him so much. It breaks my heart to know that his family will miss him so much but he has a Grandson that was waiting for him when he went through heavens gate and I am just so happy that they are together again! Love you so much Mr. Wilson and I can't wait to meet up with you again!!! Thanks so very much for the continued prayers, you will never know how much they mean to us. Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment